Frequently Asked Questions

Below, is a short list of our most frequently asked questions, to help give some immediate answers to questions you may have.

Is the first meeting free?
I want to set up my own business as a self-employed. What should I do?
If I want to set up my own business as Limited company, what should I do?
How long does it take to set up a business with HMRC?
How will Hill Lillis & Company help my start-up business?
How can I know whether I am employed or self-employed?
Can I register for VAT if my turnover is below the threshold for registration, if so, why would I want to?
What is CIS? How can I tell if my business falls under CIS?
Is tax payable by the recipient of a lump sum cash payment received from someone’s will?
How much is a person's allowed to give away without worrying about inheritance tax?
Am I legally required to have an accountant?
What kind of support will I receive from Hill Lillis & Company?

Keep in touch

For more information on the above, please Contact Us or telephone on 0121 384 4222 and we will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Even better, why not book your FREE consultation today, it only takes a minute. At this stage, if you are just looking for an idea of how much our services cost, then please feel free to complete our Request a Quote Form and we will get back to you within 48 hours.

In the meantime, why not follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news that may affect your business or subscribe to our Newsletter for automatic email updates. If you are out and about in the Sutton Coldfield, Kingstanding, Great Barr, Minworth, Erdington, Birmingham or West Midlands area, why not give us a quick call to confirm if we can arrange an immediate, free consultation.